Wednesday, February 18, 2009

GOD of the market

Way back in my 4th class

My dad took me to an electronics shop to buy me a watch. I was fascinated by one piece; so much so, that I insisted on its presence in my room the very same day. Dad had to oblige. But as with all flashy things, this one showed its class for just an hour refusing to function beyond that. We went back to the shop. Dad insisted on my watch being replaced to which the owner grudgingly acceeded.

Circa 2009....things have pretty much changed and I'm no longer attracted to those little items that glow on your wrist, but one thing didn't change. My dad still knows how to get the best for the money he spends. He puts it simply - I pay for my products and I need my pay back for every penny. He knows that he rules...

And yeah I changed too. I was worried about the shop owner cursing me for coming back to him demanding a replacement. I always thought that I owed him something by buying. Hold on...I was ignorant; it's the other way round - he owes me service for buying it from him. Customer is always the GOD!!!

It's an interesting phenomena to observe - the customers' feedback. The more the repeat sales the more is the satisfaction levels. And the more the number of agitators (read, angry customers) the better your chances of getting back to home to replace your maid! Long live the customer...he defines the product, he demands the product, he gets the product and he gets the service. Agreed that there are shrewd marketers who manipulate the customers' perspectives and play around but more often than not the GOD rules...and customer is the GOD!!!

P.S. 1: If ever I used a 'he' anywhere, I meant 'she' in an equal, if not more, proportions. Same applies to any occurence of 'she' (which is as remote as Sehwag scoring a 50 of 80 balls)

No comments:

Post a Comment