Monday, February 16, 2009

Why???

But why???

This is one question that's haunting me since I-don't-remember-when. 

Why do you hate Maths - because it is...it is...it is....forget it

Why do you like Bipasha - because she is...she is...she is...ahhh leave her

Then comes the big question why marketing

Flashback 2006:

Those were days when I thought that selling is marketing. When someone in the family used to say that he is in marketing, I used to pity him - He must be selling encyclopaedias in public parks or socks near public urinals. Little did I know then that I would one day get interested in this selling job and would wait patiently for attention.

Circa 2009:

Life has come a full circle. Kareena has lost her weight and gone from size 'I-don't-even-remember' to size-0. Bipasha has gone into wilderness and a bit conservative too (yeah, her dresses have lengthened by a huge 0.1 mm). And with them all, I have changed too. I learnt my lessons in marketing (thanks to Kotler, again) and with a bit of common sense understood that it just doesn't mean selling only.

Would you daze at a blue arch for hours together? If you do, then you need to visit Agra (not for the Taj Mahal, of course). But, you would certainly daze at colors arching together, going by the name Rainbow. The amalgamation of colours makes a rainbow beautiful and eye-catching. None of the seven colours (let me count and be sure; V..I..B..G..Y..O..R..yippee, 7) make the rainbow dazzling. It's the combo-pack.

The beauty of marketing, for me, is the same. The raibow of activities with challenges and attractions at every stage makes it interesting for me. A rainbow has only 7 colors (will I have to count again? No, my 15-minute Ghazini alarm hasn't struck yet) but marketing has many. Celebrate your holi with the colors of life called marketing 

3 comments:

  1. Hi sridhar, I enjoyed your article as usual. keep on writing.Venkata Ramana Rao.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mm..rainbow is beautiful to watch from far far away..when one is part of a rainbow, i doubt if one is even aware of it..

    welcome to marketing, sridhar ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Venky...

    It's something only you can do the best - giving a whole new perspective.

    It got me thinking...what actually does the peacock think about its dance? Does the rain drop know that it's giving happiness to me? Am I getting carried away by aesthetic marketing ;)

    ReplyDelete